Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday morning madness

Monday mornings…. Errrrr….. mornings in general are maddening! Mr. B. gets the kids up at 6am and then he gives them a little time to wake up, get moving and get started without an adult bothering them. He gets up and gets himself ready a few minutes later. I try to stay in bed. Most mornings I sleep through the whole transaction but some mornings I get up to see the kids and say hello.

My job in the morning is to stay in bed because two adults with two different plans for what should happen in the morning is too confusing and frustrating to big kids. Kid4 sleeps in, so she isn’t in the morning mix. When I do get up I am making sure they have what they need, and asking to be sure their “rooms are clean, bathroom picked up, dog fed, watered and pottied” etc. etc. etc. Mr. B. is doing the same thing but other things like “Take the trash out, turn off the lights, get your lunches, hang up wet towels, and feed myrtle the turtle”. So between us it makes for a mad morning.

This morning I got up to see the kids and started dinner (it has to cook all day long), I saw that the apple butter jars had sealed and had a busy morning. I should be cleaning up from the apple butter aftermath, the re-doing of old lamps, and adding my favorite shelf to my house… but I’m going back to bed while dinner makes itself in the oven!

Here’s a happy Monday video for you…. Yes I realize it’s sideways, I don’t know how to change it. I really added it because the laugh is so cute! I love baby laughs!

HAPPY MONDAY!
**18 days till Bat girl and I laugh so hard we wet our pants!

No comments: