Wednesday, April 11, 2012

we said goodbye

My baby went to boot camp. He did it. I let him go, I even encouraged him… although Im doubting my decision now that were all home without him I know he'll do great.

The goodbyes were tough. We ALL cried, I really wanted to wrap him up in a blanket and run for the hills but didn't let myself. It was hard to let him go, hard to turn and walk away, hard to drive away without him.

I'm still a little speechless, still a little stunned and still a little sad. Im sure the days ahead as he's gone and it sets in, as Kid2 graduates and moves to college and as our family grows smaller I'll have moments when Im secretly freaking out inside but I'll make it.

This mom job is a little harder than I originally thought.

Good luck sweet baby boy, See you in 2 months.
I'll love you forever, I'll like for always,
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

No comments: