Tuesday, March 1, 2011

dear stunning teenage bundle of joy...


An afternoon with my beautiful giggly teenage girl is heaven on earth. To be reminded why I fell in love with her in the first place is the best feeling in the world.

Dear little girl, my first PINK bundle of joy, I have never been able to put into words just quite how you changed us as a family but you gave us the spark we needed. You put a spring in our step and brought us excitement. You made Kid1 a brother and the first time I uttered the words "this is MY daughter" I cried… I practically drown you pink because I could not get enough of having a girl, you were a little bundle of screaming pink joy.

Sometimes throughout your life I forget that your still a little girl at heart, still messy, still growing, still learning and I get frustrated and expect so much from you but today as I listened to you giggle and chatter on and on about boys and math teachers and crushes and converse I fell in love with you all over again. You reminded me to slow down and enjoy the moments with you… you reminded me that you are my little giggly silly girl who I once wrapped tight in a soft pink blanket and nursed for hours on end. You reminded me how I use to gaze at you for hours while I cuddled you in my arms. Today your giggle reminded me of when you were a little girl and I enjoyed every second of this day with you.

Your giggles, your crushes, your beauty takes my breath away. I adore you my stunning daughter, I am so blessed to be your mother and I thank GOD for you every single day. Please keep reminding me who you are, please keep reminding me that you are my little baby girl, the one who I have always adored and be patient as I am learning to be the parent of a very wonderful teenage girl!

I love you to the moon and back angel pie!
love, your momma

No comments: