Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy birthday Fairy cousin


Dear fairy cousin,

For what feels like my whole life I have loved you. I can distinctly remember the moment we met. I ran to their door with such excitement and you shyly opened it. I can still see your brown thick bob and your red checks. From that moment on we were best friends.

I loved the minutes we spent together dressing up as fairies, running outside for hours, playing games, having sleep overs. Remember when my brother built us that huge wooden fort in my back yard? Remember the hours we use to spend with Lane? (seriously- he was always nicest to us and I wanted to marry him!) Remember my creepy basement? Remember the time you were home with Lane and you thought you were home alone and you called me and I told you to pack all your favorite things and hide outside…. I was so smart!! ;)

Not a day ever went by that I didn't think of you. When years went by and I thought we lost you, I seriously cried for years and years. The lessons you taught me then, and the lessons you are still teaching me you just can't imagine. I have always always loved you so deeply. I don't say this often but I am sure that you were a gift to me from God, I am sure of it. I have always needed you. I needed you back then and so many days I need you now.

Thank you for being my fairy, my angel, my cousin and my friend.

I love you more than you will ever know.

Happy Birthday sweet girl, I hope it's all you have ever dreamed of!

No comments: