Tuesday, January 26, 2010

she's just a small town girl...


Stephanie and I were sitting working on our lap tops as our little precious girls were having a little slumber party in her daughter’s room. We we’re loving listening to them giggle and wondering if they would ever get tired. They talked and giggled and sang. We kept looking at each other laughing and saying “can you believe our daughters are playing together?” It was so fun.

We sat there listening to them typing away, reading blogs and editing photos and all of sudden Stephanie’s darling little girl started singing a bible song. She sang “Our God is so good, our God is so great……” it was the sweetest little voice I have ever heard. There we sat smiling from ear to ear enjoying London’s little song. When London was finished with her song, she said “It’s your turn” to my kid4. Here is what my kid belted out-

“She’s just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
He's just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere…”

Steph looked over at me laughing and I said “YES, journey”.

We both just laughed and loved the moment.

I guess that’s what happens when you have teenagers and 5 year olds together.

No comments: