Thursday, October 6, 2011

count your blessings...

Im SO blessed to wake up to this teensy-weensy blue-eyed beauty every single morning. My beautiful kid5 you are the smiliest, giggliest, loveliest little baby girl EVER! Every morning you wake me up with a smile and I can't believe your mine to adore forever! I was thinking about an old song I use to sing in church when I was a little girl and it put some things into perspective that I have been struggling with lately …

… count your blessings name them one by one,
count your blessings, see what God has done….

When I count my blessings I can't even begin to list them, as I start counting, a smile creeps onto my face because I am immersed in many wonderful blessings. Lately as life has gotten hard and way too complicated to sort out myself I am learning to give the hard parts over to God and COUNT MY BLESSINGS one by one by thanking him for each of them. Kid5 is our newest blessing and what a special gift from God she is.

I am learning that it is better to spend time counting your blessings than doing anything else. When your struggling, thank God for what you DO have, take note of the special blessings in your life, your friends and family. Hold on to the blessings you have as they may not hold on to you as tightly as you would like them too.

Count you blessings,
name them one by one.
Count your blessings,
see what God has done….

Try it my friends, you might be surprised!


No comments: