Wednesday, October 20, 2010

a mamma-wha.....?



My sweet boy (kid3) is truly such a light in our lives. We adore him, he is funny, handsome and one of a kind. While we were visiting him last weekend he was very sick. When I got there his breathing was terrible, he is suffering from dreadful asthma. After two visits to the ER we found out he also has serious bronchitis- poor kid! The Dr. prescribed him LOTS of medicine and requested that he come back on Tuesday for a check-up. I worked it out with the school for the school to take him and I headed home, back across the country...

TODAY I got a call from my sweet Kid3, he was at the Dr ALONE. The school took him to the Dr's office and told him to "go thru the lobby and right at the hallway" he called me of course, he doesn't know his Dads social, birthday, etc. so as I was on the phone with him walking him through filling out the paperwork he asked me about the date of his tonsillectomy, the date of his last Xray, how long he had asthma and THEN... he said....

"What is the date of my last pap smear?" I said "Oh ... um... honey you haven't had that". He said "MOM, I just need the date of it". I laughed and then said "SON, Im serious, you have never had one"... THEN he said "Okay then what about the date of my last mammogram" I assured him that he also had not had one of those and he was probably he was in the "female question part". He just said "OH, okay".... such a boy! (imagine the person sitting next to him in the clinic- they must have been dying of laughter)

Anyway, I spent my morning laughing because my 3rd born is so wonderful, he is sweet, he is cute and he says the best things! I adore him!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for the best laugh of the morning!! My computer screen needed to be cleaned off because of the coffee that splattered from my mouth in laughter!!