Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I like kids art and I cannot lie

I love my children's drawings, pictures, painting, weavings, handprints, folded paper, scribbles, handwriting.... I love it all. The boxes and boxes of art projects in my garage show it. I have lots of my children's art framed here and there in the house, but I want it ALL. I tried the ArtKive app on my phone and I didn't love it. It allows one piece of art per page and yes, I could make a collage myself and save it... but who has time for ALL that?




I decided to use my old reliable blurb.com and I could not be happier with the results. The book is perfect. I can't tell you how much paper I am able to rid of. I took pictures of all her Kindergarten through second grade art, many handwriting samples and a few pictures. Her book is 156 glorious pages! Some pages have nine pieces of art and some have only one. I highly suggest this method for archiving children's art work. She has looked through this book so many times since we recieved it and I know she will enjoy it even more as she grows! 




I am planning on doing a preschool art book, she has SO MUCH preschool art, a third through sixth grade art book, and who knows what else. I have been sorting boxes from the big kids too and want to make each of them a book of their art, their handwriting, little notes and funny things about them as well. I am pretty sure I haven't saved as much from them, but I bet I can fill up a book each. 




I can't wait for Kid5 to start drawing and writing! We'll be using blurb.com for years to come!




TRY IT. YOU'LL LOVE IT!

No comments: