Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday baby

My favorite picture of us MANY years ago
To the one I love.

Dear love of my life I love you more than I could ever say. You are so good to me. I remember your 21st birthday, how young we were, how you were so excited to buy beer and get carded and they didn’t even ask you! (I know it’s a trashy story but it’s true and we were REALLY young).

I remember your laugh back then before time took a toll on us. I remember thinking how we’d never be over 30 and here we are tempting the hands of time and still loving each other. Is it possible that some of our kids are grown and as old as we were when we met? Do you ever look at them and wonder how we did it?

When I look at you I see a patient man who has loved me through thick and thin. I see a man who has a deep understanding of me and doesn’t get enough credit for the way he loves me. I see a kind man who deserves the whole world handed to him but is happy with just plain ol’ me.

The odds were so very against us when we started out all those years ago and I know I don’t have to remind you of all those years later when we actually chose each other and realized how we were truly in love.

That’s the thing about you and I, I don’t have to “remind” you of many things because you were there. You were witnessing my life right along beside me, you were there when our babies were born, you were there when we fell in love with the T kids and knew we’d never let them go. You were there on the hard and easy days and I don’t have to tell you about them. I love that you’ve been the witness to my life.

Happy Birthday to you, my dear husband. I am looking forward to celebrating many many more birthdays together!

No comments: