Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the roads WE travel

So we’re crazy, this settles it.

We’re taking another trip… see trip 1, trip 2, trip 3, trip 4, trip 5, … and so many others I haven’t blogged about. Ask Bat Girl- I’m a worldUSA traveler!

Mr. B. is having his 20 year high school reunion in two weeks and we are headed back to Mt. Perfect to celebrate his old-ness accomplishments… The road home is never long, or at least I try to pretent that the 1500 mile round trip is a short one.

On Thursday we will enoy the company of good friends and look at the little town we called home for so long. We'll visit the kids old school and remenisce about our life there. Did I tell you that Mr. B. and I got married there. I'll snap a little picture of where it was- you won't believe it? Any guesses? Thursday night we are having dinner with Mr. B.'s cousins and their families. I can't wait to catch up and hear all about what's new for them in Mt Perfect!

Friday morning we are heading up north to Oklahoma to to kiss my Great Grandma, I mean honestly she’s 105, I feel like any minute I have to spend with her is a gift. My Grandaddy is also in hoofville, oklahoma and I HAVE to hug his neck too- I can’t drive all that way and not hug his neck can I? I have a favorite Aunt there too... you know what, I'm related to quite a few people there- let's not take stock!

By this time, we’ll for sure be a little delirious from travel but we can't stop now my friends, we have a Mt Perfect football game to go to so we can cheer on those MP Tigers.

My fun friend Linda is letting us stay at her house (can you believe her kindness), i can't wait to see her and catch up while actually looking at her little face!

Saturday there's a picnic for all the families and then a party at the "country club" that night that we'll be attending. (I just have to say that I put the words "country club" in quotes for a reason, I'm telling you my friends, I LOVE Mt Perfect but this is no "country club"- don't worry I'll be armed with pictures to prove it)

We have to pick up and tow home the car we left in Texas, it's an oldie but a goodie. It's going to be a "first car" for Kid1 and 2. They don't love it, but I think it's okay to not LOVE your first car, don't you?

There will be so many road stories to tell and YOU KNOW I’m taking a jillion pictures while traveling and partying! I can’t wait to tell you all about laughing with Mr. B’s OLD (im younger- have I mentioned this before?) high school buddies! I can’t wait to tell you all about my lovely Great Grandma and my Grandfather- remember the last time? You know! The time Bat Girl and I took him to Subway…. Remember how that did not go well? (this story is a MUST READ Y'ALL) I can’t wait to tell you how perfectly silent the kids were on a 36 hour drive, how they smiled and never said a single sour word to one another- HA!

You know how I love to share road stories and I can't wait to start pecking away on this keyboard!



Just wait! There will be stories my friends- I promise!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sounds like F.U.N.! :) Can't wait to hear all the stories. Safe travels my friend! :)