Monday, August 31, 2009

with ducks in mind




Yesterday was suppose to rain in Jacksonville and I heard the museum wasn’t very good so we planned on doing a bunch of nothing on a lovely girls Sunday afternoon.

But our day turned out so much more eventful than a bunch of nothing! The girls and I met a close friend (whom I use to babysit for when I was a teenager- I know, I know, Im getting old) for lunch at Olive Garden. We had such a nice time getting to know his fiancé, she’s darling!

After lunch we joined them at a beautiful park to feed the ducks, which turned out to be turtles, but no one cared because throwing bread into dirty water is just plain ol’ fun for a couple of kids!

The girls threw, tossed, heaved and hurled bread towards the turtles. They ripped, rolled, wadded and threw in some whole pieces in too. The hot, hot, hot was showing in Kid4’s cheeks, they were blazing red as she teetered on the edge of the pond. Falling in would have cooled her off but lets be honest I would not have taken dirty green turtle water well, and Kid2 would have been really sad if I had hurled her in after her sister to save myself. It might have ended a sensational girl’s weekend on a bad note.

We had a marvelous time in Jacksonville and can’t wait to go again really soon for more wonderful adventures with old friends and awesome new ones too!

No comments: