Thursday, November 5, 2009

gas station standards (trip)

I love traveling; I don’t think that’s a secret to anyone that knows me. I like to hit the road and see what I can see. I am leery of weird things though so I’m sure the fact that I use gas station bathrooms and touch gas pumps with bare hands is confusing to some of my friends who know how quirky I am.

I try to not be grossed out by a gas station, I mean where else are you gonna potty? I have tried rest stops in the past and here’s the thing about rest stops, when you go do you also feel like you might get murdered at any minute by the weird guy hiding in the bushes? I would much rather be held up at a gas station, but that’s just me.


There are a few gas station standards that I do have. We don’t eat at a gas station, we just don’t. I may pick up a drink and a pre-wrapped candy bar but THAT’S ALL! We say NO thanks to the hot dogs rolling around for hours on end, we say no to Aunt Elva’s home made cookies packaged up at the local neighborhood cat lady’s house. I decline Christmas shopping of any kid at gas stations, no thanks, thank you anyway and although I think it’s a nice idea, I prefer to skip eating Thanksgiving dinner there too.


Does this seem unreasonable to you?

No comments: