Thursday, December 18, 2008

dear sugar cookie baby


Dear Sugar cookie baby,

What an honor to make cookies with you this year. I know that I grumbled and dreaded the mess but to be honest I loved every second of it, even the mess. I loved you sitting on the counter, touching the dough and spilling the sprinkles. I loved that you were so excited to see how they rose in the oven covered with all those sprinkles and intoxicating sugar.

Your excitement reminds me that the little things in life are the most important ones. The glimmer in your eye reminded me how important sprinkles are on warm sugar cookies. Your sparkly smile reminds me that Christmas paper and bows really are terribly thrilling. When life gets dull my little Sugar cookie baby I hope to remember to look to you for the example of simplicity and pure happiness in an otherwise complicated and negative world.

Merry Christmas my little christmas cookie- I love you dearly!

No comments: